ARK'S SIP-TIP® WITH SELECT-FLOW VALVE
When purchased, the valve opening is set for moderate restriction for users who tend to aspirate when taking too much fluid in one swallow. The valve can also be trimmed to increase the flow, further decreasing the effort required to drink. Adjust the flow you need by cutting back the tapered stem of the valve with scissors. The lids snap on securely to the rigid, high-quality tumblers to minimize spillage, and the tumblers have graduated marks on the side to monitor fluid intake. The set includes: 1 eight oz. tumbler, 1 spill-resistant lid, 1 Select-Flow Valve, 10 regular straws, and 1 Lip Blok® (yellow, 3/4"). The Lip Blok® prevents individuals from biting on the straw or putting the straw too far back into the mouth. This is helpful to prevent gagging on the straw, and it also means fluid is deposited in the front of the mouth where it is easier to orally manage.
- Made in the USA
- FDA compliant, no BPA, PVC, lead, phthalates, or latex
- All parts are dishwasher-safe and available separately.
- Holds 8 ounces of liquid.
- Measures approximately 4.5" tall with a 2" diameter at the base and 3" diameter at the top
- Not recommended for carbonated beverages
- Recommended for thin liquids (water, milk, juice without pulp, etc).
- If you're using thickened liquids, in general for most thickener brands: "nectar" consistency works fine. If you trim the tapered end of the valve to open up the flow, "honey" will work but will be harder to suck through the straw. "Pudding" does not work, as it's too thick to drink through even a regular straw without a valve.
- Compatible with most standard .25" diameter straws should you need more down the road. You can also get spares / replacements here.
- This listing is for 1 Sip-Tip® cup set, which includes: 1 eight oz. tumbler, 1 spill-resistant lid, 1 Select-Flow Valve, 10 regular straws, and 1 Lip Blok® (yellow, 3/4")
Caution: Contains small parts. Must be supervised at all times.