ARK'S LIPS STRAW TOPPER
The Lips function the same as the Flexible Lip Blok® - simply press the stem into the top of a regular straw, and you're ready to drink. Lips (and mustache) themed items are all the rage these days, so kids will happily use this oral motor tool disguised as mealtime fun. Lip Bloks naturally exercise the mouth muscles to help build oral tone, discourage tongue thrusting, decrease tongue protrusion, and correct overall tongue and lip positioning.
As an added bonus, the Lips Straw Topper is firm yet flexible, which means that you can trim the mouthpiece over time to increase the oral motor difficulty. When purchased, the mouthpiece measures 3/4 inch in length. Once the individual becomes comfortable drinking from that length, trim it very slightly. When the individual becomes comfortable at the new length, trim it again. Repeat until the mouthpiece is only 1/4 inch long. Ideally, you only want 1/4" of the straw inside the mouth. Not only does this deposit liquid in the front of the mouth where it's easier to orally manage, but it also makes the lips close better, the cheeks tighten more, and the tongue tense and retract more for a better and natural oral motor workout.
- Made in the USA, medical grade, FDA compliant
- No lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- The mouthpiece (the extension that goes in the mouth) measures 3/4" in length. The face of the Lips measures approximately 2.4 inches at its widest and 1.5 inches tall.
- Each straw topper is sold individually
- Compatible with most regular drinking straws (that measure .25 inch in diameter)
- Works best with either our Bear Bottle, Sip-Tip, or Cip-Kup, as these cup sets hold the straw steady
- Straws and cups are sold separately, or regular straws can be added from the drop-down menu above
Caution: Use of these products should be supervised at all times.